My Hypertext Narrative

My School Career

My School Career

A hypertext narrative by

Laurie Goupil

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 2506

Choice count: 40

Section count: 22

Image count: 22

Error count: 7

Field Related Analysis:

Education : 26 matches (School, choice, classes, college, continuing, diploma, don, exam, fail, failed, failing, failure, first, goals, grades, head, high school, learn, learning, management, options, school, semester, teacher, teachers, university)

Psychology : 15 matches (bit, dream, focus, interview, learning, love, mean, miss, need, nervous, personality, remember, risk, sleep, thinking)

Dance : 14 matches (Back, Balance, Check, Complete, Ending, Follow, Hold, Out, Position, show, Step, step, Time, Together)

Target Structure:

background check (1 match)

come in handy (1 match)

HR (1 match)

in-depth (1 match)

internship (2 matches)

more often than not (1 match)

pull off (1 match)

purpose (1 match)

put aside (1 match)

straight A's (2 matches)

though (4 matches)

time management (1 match)

vacant position (1 match)

worthwhile (1 match)

Next

My School Career

Going to College.

It is this time in my life where I have a big choice to make. Where am I going to go to college? I am very overwhelmed of all those decision I have to make. Fortunately, I got accepted at my dream college. However, I would be alone there, my friends are all going to another college together. I would love to be with my friends, but am I ready to give up my dream? Now I am wondering, do I choose the college I’ve always dreamed of? Or do I choose to follow my friends at the other college? If I follow my heart, what decision am I going to make.

Choice 1 : Follow my friends.

Choice 2 : Go to my dream college.

Missmarettaphotography / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Follow my friends.

I’ve decided to follow my friends and I’m really happy about it. Even if I’m with my friends a lot of the time, it doesn’t mean that I am going to put aside my goals. The end of the semester is arriving and it’s time to start to study for those big exams. I hope I can pull off straight A’s. Tonight I am going to study, and my friends offered me to study with them. Am I going to study in group at a cafe? Or am I going to stay home and study alone?

Choice 1 : Study in groups.

Choice 2 : Study alone.

Alisa Anton alisaanton / CC0

Go to my dream college.

I’ve decided to go to my dream college. I think it is a great decision. Even though I don’t know anyone here, I feel like it will be good for me. It takes me out of my comfort zone, and I think I needed it. I am now ready to start college and my dream job motivates me. Sure it will be hard sometimes, but I have a great entourage to help me. I am thinking about meeting new people. Do I need to meet new people? Or should I focus only on school?

Choice 1 : Focus on school.

Choice 2 : Meet new people.

Diliff / CC BY-SA (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)

Study in groups.

I find that studying in group is better because when you have an issue with the subjects, your friends can be there and help you. We can give each other tips and tricks to remember everything. Their tips could come in handy. The only problem with studying with friends is that a non related conversation can start pretty easily and make us forget our work. Tonight, it is quiet at the cafe and I have a lot to study. However, my friends don’t seem to think the same thing as me. They are starting to talk about a lot of different things and it doesn’t look like they will stop soon. Am I going to join the conversation? Or, am I still studying even if the are talking.

Choice 1 : Talk.

Choice 2 : Study.

Warateens / Public domain

Study alone.

College passed by like a breeze, I had time to see my friends and study as well. I couldn’t risk studying with my friends and fall being. I had a great time during college, but now it’s almost over. A decision needs to be made. I need to decide where I am going to do at university. Am I going to follow my childhood dream of being a teacher? Or am I going to follow a passion by pursuing interior designing?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Halfwitty / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Meet new people.

Meeting new people makes me feel great. It helps me keep my head away from school when needed. However, in high school, I was doing well, I had straight A’s, but now that I am in college, I don’t do as well. It’s worrying me, because even though I am working hard, it doesn’t show. I am starting to get overwhelmed. My new friends seem so relax and on top of things, I wonder if I should ask then for help to study. Maybe, I should manage my problems on my own, because I feel really shy to ask. What should I do?

Choice 1 : Ask for help to study.

Choice 2 : Manage on my own.

Ralf Roletschek / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)

Focus on school.

I have decided to focus on school. Even though at first I thought college would go smoothly, it isn’t what happened. I found myself studying all the time, being sad. However, I did not even see the result of my hard work in my grades. I am now at the middle of my first semester, and I am failing many classes. College is harder than I anticipated. I think it’s time for me to decide. Do I keep up and hope for the best? Or do I drop out of college because it’s giving a very hard time?

Choice 1 : Drop out.

Choice 2 : Keep up.

Peggy und Marco Lachmann-Anke / CC0

Talk.

I couldn’t help myself, but to join the conversation. We are having a good time, I even forget about my big exams coming up. The cafe was slowly emptying without us realizing what time it is. One of my friends finally realize how late it was. She decided to leave to get some sleep because she had an important exam the next day. My other friends want to stay and I’m wondering what to do. Do I stay and continue the conversation? Or do I go to bed to have enough energy for my exam tomorrow?

Choice 1 : Continue talking.

Choice 2 : Go to bed.

Martin Falbisoner / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)

Study.

School is almost over, I can talk to my friends after the semester is over. That’s been my mantra during all the semester that followed the first one. Now college is ending soon. I have to make an important choice for what’s coming. University applications need to be sent soon, but I am still not sure about what is my final decision. Teaching has been a childhood dream, but interior designing is what I like to do in my free time. What am I supposed to do? Am I going to follow a childhood dream? Or am I going to follow my passion of the last years?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Nick Glimenakis / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Ask for help to study.

I asked my friends for help, and they were happy to help me. I am relieved, their help is really handy. I saw a difference in my school grades. It was reassuring to know that you can talk to someone about what is going on. Their help makes me feel less stressed. I am now near. The end of college and I have a big decision to make about university. I have two options in mind. The first one is studying to become a teacher and the second option is to study in interior designing. I am still now sure what to choose. If I follow my heart, what will I choose?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Mennonite Church USA Archives / No restrictions

Manage on my own.

I was really too shy to ask my friend. Now I wish it was what I did, because I am really struggling at the moment. School is not going the way I would want to. My classes are hard, and I am failing many of them. I am even thinking about dropping out. I don’t know if I am able to keep up. It is very overwhelming. At this moment, I don’t really see the purpose of continuing if I keep failing even if I study day and night. Should I give it a try for last time and keep up? Or, should I drop out and find a plan b?

Choice 1 : Keep up.

Choice 2 : Drop out.

Tkgd2007 / CC BY-SA (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)

Continue talking.

I’ve decided to continue the conversation because it was so fun. After our friend left, others started to slowly do the same. However, two of them didn’t seem to be near the end of the conversation. It’s now pretty early in the morning, and I am very tired. I still have time to get a little sleep. My exam is this morning, and I’m not really ready. Do I go to my exam and try my best? Or am I to tired and will sleep-in making me miss my exam?

Choice 1 : Try my best.

Choice 2 : Sleep in.

Rob Bye robertbye / CC0

Go to bed.

Going to bed was I think the best decision in the situation. Those decisions were worth it because college is almost over and everything went well. I spend a lot of time studying with my friends. I had good time management. I now need to decide my University path. Am I going to become a teacher and help out others? Or am I going in a complete different direction and become an interior designer?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Sabri Tuzcu sabrituzcu / CC0

Keep up.

Keeping up was worthwhile, because some of my teachers saw my efforts and helped me to pass all of their classes. I am very lucky that they helped me out. Working hard seems to be rewarded for me. Now, college is almost over and university applications are due shortly. I still have to decide where I am heading. I have two options : become a teacher, which is a childhood dream, or become an interior designer which is a passion of mine that I discovered over the years.

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Krisphotwrld / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Drop out.

I think that the best decision for me for now is to drop out. I think I haven’t found what fits my personality yet. I think that trying something new and step out of my comfort zone. Is what I need. So, my two options are get a diploma of professional studies or work at a restaurant. I feel like either of those could work for me. I need to decide now. If I follow my heart, what should I do?

Choice 1 : Get a diploma of professional studies.

Choice 2 : Work a restaurant.

JoachimKohlerBremen / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Try my best.

It’s better to give it a try, and do your best even though you fear failure, because it’s better to try, and fail than no even trying at all. Trying was definitely the best decision because even if I struggle a little bit, my teachers helped me and all let me pass their classes. Now I can decide where I’m heading at university. Am I going to become a teacher, or am I going to follow my passion and become an interior designer. I’ve always dreamed when I was a kid to become a teacher, and I am very interested in interior designing. What am I supposed to do?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

고려 / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)

Sleep in.

I’ve decided to sleep-in, more often than not. I’ve put my fun before school and I should not have done it that often. It didn’t work out well. I should have found a better balance between everything. My semester ended and I failed many classes. It’s time for me to make an important decision. Is college really what I want or do I want to pursue something else? I have two options: drop out of college and find something else, or retake the classes I’ve and focus on school. What do I want to do?

Choice 1 : Drop out.

Choice 2 : Try again.

Videoplasty.com / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Try again.

It’s time for me to make school my priority if I want to reach my dream job. I couldn’t drop out without trying again one more time, perseverance is key. I am going to make it. It is going to work, I’ve dreamed of those jobs for a long time I can’t let go that easy, but I succeeded. It wasn’t easy, but it’s now time for me to decide. College is almost over and I have to choose what I would like to do. It’s hard because my two options are interesting. However, they are opposites. If I follow my heart, am I going to study to be a teacher or to be an interior designer?

Choice 1 : Become a teacher.

Choice 2 : Become an interior designer.

Nick Keppol from Brooklyn, planet rock / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

Get a diploma of professional studies.

Getting a diploma in baking was always in the back of my mind. I’ve always loved cooking desert and maybe it could be a good idea for me to pursue that idea. I’ve sent my application before the due date I just received my answer yesterday and I got in. I am so excited to start school next fall. We will see baking in-depth and I couldn’t be happier. I needed something other than college to get me outside of my comfort zone and make me do decision I wished to have done. I don’t regret my decision. I can’t wait to see what the future hold for me.

Choice 1 : Going to College.

Sharon Mollerus / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

Become a teacher.

I’ve decided to pursue my childhood dream. I think it was a good decision to make. I am about to start my first internship, and I am really excited. I can’t wait to see what I will learn during my internship. University has been interesting, I like my experience. I am happy I worked hard in college and make it trough it. I am proud of myself and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me.

Choice 1 : Going to College.

Dobrislava / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Become an interior designer.

When I decided of becoming an interior designer I was nervous and excited. Now that I am in it, I don’t regret my decision at all, I love my time in university. It is very interesting and rewarding. Studying what you like is really the dream. I don’t regret studying hard, because it was all worth it. I can’t wait to take all of what I’m learning with me and make the best of it. I am grateful for what I have and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me.

Choice 1 : Going to College.

Fanusta / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Work a restaurant.

School is not for me and I’m not sure what I am going to do, so I am going to find a job at a restaurant. There is a vacant position at a restaurant nearby. When I give my application, the HR will look at it and maybe they will call me for and interview. They will after that do a background check to be sure I am suited for the job. I really hope it will work and that it will give me time to find what I want to do. Maybe I’ll stay at the restaurant or I’ll find something that matched my personality better. For now, I’m happy with my decision, but I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me.

Choice 1 : Going to College.

JoachimKohlerBremen / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts